Thursday, September 28, 2017

Assignment #6 - Polar Opposites

I take this picture because I want to show the opposite of water or ice and fire. When I am taking the water picture, I put the glass of water on the black marble table to make difference from the white wall. And I also drop ice into water to make this photo has motion, and also water and ice can both be the opposite of fire. When I am taking the fire photo, I try to take a photo of burning match but that does not show well so I try to take photo of the aromatherapy and use a stone in the back to make the fire more clear to see. That looks better than the match photo. Before I put these two picture into lightroom, the water picture has some color but I think water is something that may make people feel cold so I make that into black and white to emphasize water and ice in the water. For the fire picture, I make the background lighter and make the darker place more darker like the black glass. I make the fire lighter and the shade show on the glass like a little sun. The water photo is in cold color and the fire photo is in warm color, that is also a opposite in color.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I like the description of the water (and black and white) and think the contrast between the two images is strong.

    ReplyDelete

Sketchbook 15. Hands and feet